This section provides access to information about our events, including plenary assemblies, workshops, and activities organized by the Group of Women Parliamentarians and the Open Parliament Network.
For more information about a specific event, select a category of events from the tabs in the left side column. Or select the Events Archive tab to view all events organized during a specific year.
Upcoming activities in 2019
SOCIAL MEDIA: #ParlAmericasGEN
- Analysis of Discriminatory Legislation in Latin America and the Caribbean on the Autonomy and Economic Empowerment of Women. UN Women and the Ibero-American General Secretariat, 2018
- Advancing the Economic Empowerment and Autonomy of Women in the Caribbean through the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. ECLAC, 2018
- Women, Business and the Law 2019. World Bank Group, 2019
- Care Work and Care Jobs for the Future of Decent Work. ILO, 2018
- Promoting Women’s Economic Empowerment: Recognizing and Investing in the Care Economy. UN Women, 2019
- Women in the Future of Work. ECLAC, 2019
- SDG 8: Decent Work and Economic Growth. United Nations, website
- Gender Data Portal. World Bank, website
- Gender Equality Portal. ILO, website
- Economic Autonomy. Gender Equality Observatory for Latin America and the Caribbean, website
- The Future of Work in Latin America and the Caribbean. IDB, website
During the gathering, elections will be held for certain positions on the Network’s Executive Committee and for the host parliament of the next gathering. Nominations received can be found below.
- Vice-President - Caribbean
- President of the Senate Katherine Forbes-Smith (The Bahamas)
- Vice-President - North America
- Senator Verónica Noemí Camino Farjat (Mexico)
- Guidelines on Sexual Harassment in the Workplace. Equal Opportunity Commission of Trinidad and Tobago, 2018
- Ending Violence and Harassment Against Women and Men in the World of Work. ILO, 2017
- Sexism, Harassment and Violence against Women Parliamentarians. IPU, 2016
- Report on Measures to Prevent and Combat Mobbing and Sexual Harassment at Workplace, in Public Spaces, and Political Life in the EU. European Parliament, 2018
- Sources of International Law Related to Sexual Harassment. UN Women, webpage
- Inter-American Convention on the Prevention, Punishment and Eradication of Violence against Women (Convention of Belém do Pará). 1994
- Article 11: Employment. Convention on the Elimination of Discrimination against Women, 1979
- SDG 5: Gender Equality. United Nations, webpage
- Section F: Women and the Economy. Beijing Declaration and Platform for Action, 1995
- Strategies for Chairing Gender-Inclusive Meetings. ParlAmericas, 2017
- Allies in Action. ParlAmericas, 2017
Learn more about our work
Register for an activity
Don't hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone +1 (613) 594-5222.
Note to observers
Observers are responsible for following the Observers Protocol when attending our activities.