November 20 | Bogota, Colombia
THEME Towards a Gender-Sensitive Legislative Agenda for Development in the Americas
- To discuss how to achieve a gender-sensitive legislative agenda for development in the Americas, including current economic and gender policies, social and environmental policies, political and electoral reforms from a gender perspective, as well as the implications of the international crisis for the Americas
November 6 | San Jose, Costa Rica
Theme: Trade Liberalization: The WTO, the Doha Round and Development Challenges
Objectives: to raise awareness about the multilateral trading system, to stimulate parliamentarians’ interest in these issues, and to inform them of the basic functioning of the WTO, the key items on the multilateral and regional trade agenda and the status of the Doha Development Agenda negotiations. The workshop also aimed to provide a forum for participants to discuss and share ideas and opinions regarding the content of the negotiations and their possible impact on countries in the region, and to encourage discussion of the potential role of parliaments and international organizations in trade and development.
June 1 | Medellin, Colombia
Objectives of the meeting: the FIPA delegation expressed the organization’s desire to pursue discussions towards becoming the legislative partner of the Organization of American States (OAS) in the Americas.
- Senator Nancy Patricia Gutiérrez Castañeda, Senate of Colombia
- MP James Bezan, House of Commons of Canada
- MP Mario Silva, House of Commons of Canada
- MP Marcel Lussier, House of Commons of Canada
- Emmanuelle Pelletier, Executive Secretary, FIPA