November 30 | Bogota, Colombia
RESOURCES ON CARE ECONOMY
- Towards the Construction of Comprehensive Care Systems in Latin America and the Caribbean: Elements of Implementation, UN Women and ECLAC, 2021
- The Care Economy in Latin America: Putting Care at the Centre of the Agenda, Valeria Esquival, ILO, 2011
- The Care Economy in the New Social Contract by Gender in Latin America Working Group, IDRC, 2022
- Unpaid Carework: The Missing Link in the Analysis of Gender Gaps in Labour Outcomes, OECD, 2014
- Care in Latin America and the Caribbean during the COVID-19: Towards comprehensive systems to strengthen and response and recovery, ECLAC, 2020
- The Effect of Women’s Economic Power in Latin America and the Caribbean, The World Bank, 2012
- Caring in Times of COVID-19: A global study on the impact of the pandemic on care work and gender equality, ECLAC,, 2022
- Towards a Care Society: The Contributions of the Regional Gender Agenda to sustainable development, ECLAC, 2021
- Methodological guide on time-use measurements in Latin America and the Caribbean, ECLAC, 2022
- The COVID-19 Pandemic is exacerbating the care crisis in Latin America and the Caribbean, ECLAC, 2020
- Inter-American Model Law on Care, OAS and CIM, 2022
- Parliamentary Diplomacy: the Canadian Approach. Kinsella and Milliken. 2007.
- Parliamentary Diplomacy. Weisglas and de Boer. 2007.
- Legislative Diplomacy. Scoville. 2013.
- White paper on parliamentary diplomacy: Strategic actions. Chamber of Deputies of Mexico. 2021. (in Spanish)
- The role of parliamentary diplomacy in a world marked by insecurity. Salimena and Teruggi. Institute of International Relations. University of La Plata. (in Spanish)
- Parliamentary diplomacy. Burgos and Riffo. Chilean Senate. 2014. (in Spanish)
- Parliamentary diplomacy in an uncertain world. Systemic restructuring as a challenge and opportunity. Giglio. 2021. (in Spanish)
During the Plenary Assembly, elections will be held for certain positions on the Board of Directors. Nominations received can be found below.
- Representative of North America
November 6 | Sharm El-Sheikh, Egypt
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
- COP27 Legislators Summit, hosted by GLOBE
- Parliamentary Meeting at COP27, hosted by the Inter-Parliamentary Union
- Protagonist Latin American and Caribbean Parliaments: Mobilizing climate finance, a side-event hosted by the Parliamentary Observatory on Climate Change and Just Transition (OPCC)
- Utilising expertise of the youth to bridge the science-policy divide and improve access to finance, a side-event hosted by Fédération Internationale des Ingénieurs-Conseils (FIDIC), International Water Association (IWA), Moravian University and The Association of Commonwealth Universities (The ACU)
- Parliaments and the Paris Agreement. ParlAmericas, GLOBE, INTER PARES, and WFD, 2021.
- Environment and Sustainability: Mapping the Strategies and Plans in the Americas and the Caribbean
- Parliamentary declaration adopted at the 6th Gathering of the ParlAmericas Parliamentary Network on Climate Change on Realizing our Green Future: The Road to Low Emissions.
- The State of the Climate in Latin America & the Caribbean 2021. WMO, 2022.
- The Latin America and the Caribbean Climate Week 2022 output report. UNFCCC, 2022.
- Emissions Gap Report 2022: The Closing Window – Climate crisis calls for rapid transformation of societies. UNEP, 2022.
- The Adaptation Gap Report 2022. UNEP, 2022.
- Climate Change 2022: Impacts, Adaptation and Vulnerability. Working Group II Contribution to the IPCC Sixth Assessment Report. IPCC, 2022.
- Climate Change 2022: Mitigation of Climate Change. Working Group III Contribution to the IPCC Sixth Assessment Report. IPCC, 2022.
- An IPCC Special Report: Climate Change and Land. IPCC, 2019.
- An IPCC Special Report: Global Warming of 1.5 ºC. IPCC, 2018.
September 28 | Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
September 15 | Virtual Meeting
- Road Map Towards Legislative Openness 2.0, ParlAmericas (2022)
- Organizing Virtual Parliamentary Sittings, ParlAmericas (2020)
The experience of:
July 5 | Virtual Meeting
- Agriculture, Forestas and Other Land Uses (AFOLU): Trends and opportunities, Dr. Mercedes Bustamante, 2022.
- Sustainable agriculture adapted to climate change and gender-sensitive, Dr. Osana Bonilla-Findji, 2022 (in Spanish).
- Catalyzing finance to turn NDCs into Action, Minister Matthew Samuda, 2022.
CONNECTION WITH IX SUMMIT OF THE AMERICAS
- The Global Land Outlook: Latin America and the Caribbean Thematic Report: Sustainable Land Management and Climate Change Adaptation, United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification (UNCCD), 2019.
- Global Land Outlook 2: Land Restoration for Recovery and Resilience, UNCCD, 2022.
- Climate Change and Land, IPCC, 2019.
- Land rights matter for people and the planet, UNCCD, 2022.
- Forest Pulse: The Latest on the World’s Forests, World Resources Institute, 2022.
During the 6th Gathering of the ParlAmericas Parliamentary Network on Climate Change, elections was held for the Network’s vice-presidency for Central America and for the host parliament of the next gathering. Nominations received can be found below.
June 23 | Virtual Meeting
- Achieving Sustainability: Energy at the centre. Dr. Devon Gardner, 2022.
- Shift Strategies: From higher emitting modes to lower emitting modes, Multimodal and active transport. Andrea Palma, 2022.
- Climate Change 2022: Mitigation of Climate Change, IPCC, 2022.
- Emissions Gap Report 2020, UNEP, 2020.
- Just Transition Towards Environmentally Sustainable Economies and Societies for All, International Labour Organization (ILO), 2018.
- Zero Carbon Latin America and the Caribbean: The opportunity, cost, and benefits of the coupled decarbonization of the power and transport sectors in Latin America and the Caribbean, UNEP, 2019.
- How better transport will help Latin America get ahead of the climate crisis, World Bank, 2021.
- Approaches for Gender Responsive Urban Mobility, GIZ, SUTP & Transformative Urban Mobility Initiative, 2018.
- World Energy Transition Outlook: 1.5°C Pathway, IRENA, 2022.
- Production Gap Report 2020, UNEP, 2020.
- Wind energy: A gender perspective, IRENA, 2020.
April 6 | Virtual Meeting
- Background document: Introduction to Circular Economy Workshop
- Environment and Sustainability: Mapping strategies and plans of the Americas and the Caribbean – Circular Economy Roadmaps
- Comprehensive report of the circular economy workshop
March 22 | Virtual Meeting
- Corruption perceptions index, International Transparency (2021)
- Cultivating a culture of integrity in the civil service in times of crisis, OAS (2021)
- Guidelines on Anti-Corruption and Integrity in State-Owned Enterprises, OCDE (2019)
- Public Integrity in Latin America and the Caribbean 2018-2019, OECD (2019) (in Spanish)
During the 6th Gathering of the ParlAmericas Open Parliament Network, elections will be held for certain positions on the Network’s Executive Committee and for the host parliament of the next gathering. Nominations received can be found below.
- Vice-President – The Caribbean
- Senator, His Honour Reginald Farley (Barbados)
March 15 | Virtual Meeting
March 9 | Virtual Meeting
January 28 | Virtual meeting
- Reflections on the advances made to legislative openness of the Senate of the Republic of Colombia (in Spanish), presented by Mónica Vanegas, Chief of the Office of Citizen Attention, Congress of the Republic of Colombia
- New web site of the Chamber of Deputies of Mexico (in Spanish), presented by Andrea González Somellera, Advisor to the Secretary General, Chamber of Deputies of Mexico
- The new internal regulations for the Chamber of Deputies of Brazil (In Spanish), presented by Fabio Almeida Lopes, Legislative Analyst, Chamber of Deputies of Brazil and Public Policy Director, Bússola Tech