November 6 2022 | Sharm El-Sheikh, Egypt
Parliamentary Engagement at COP27 and Side Events
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
- COP27 Legislators Summit, hosted by GLOBE
- Parliamentary Meeting at COP27, hosted by the Inter-Parliamentary Union
- Protagonist Latin American and Caribbean Parliaments: Mobilizing climate finance, a side-event hosted by the Parliamentary Observatory on Climate Change and Just Transition (OPCC)
- Utilising expertise of the youth to bridge the science-policy divide and improve access to finance, a side-event hosted by Fédération Internationale des Ingénieurs-Conseils (FIDIC), International Water Association (IWA), Moravian University and The Association of Commonwealth Universities (The ACU)
Many pavillions at COP27 have recordings of their events:
Visit the full list of pavilions for more.
Key Resources for Parliaments
- Parliaments and the Paris Agreement. ParlAmericas, GLOBE, INTER PARES, and WFD, 2021.
- Environment and Sustainability: Mapping the Strategies and Plans in the Americas and the Caribbean
- Parliamentary declaration adopted at the 6th Gathering of the ParlAmericas Parliamentary Network on Climate Change on Realizing our Green Future: The Road to Low Emissions.
Background Information on COP27 and Current Climate State
- The State of the Climate in Latin America & the Caribbean 2021. WMO, 2022.
- The Latin America and the Caribbean Climate Week 2022 output report. UNFCCC, 2022.
- Emissions Gap Report 2022: The Closing Window – Climate crisis calls for rapid transformation of societies. UNEP, 2022.
- The Adaptation Gap Report 2022. UNEP, 2022.
- Climate Change 2022: Impacts, Adaptation and Vulnerability. Working Group II Contribution to the IPCC Sixth Assessment Report. IPCC, 2022.
- Climate Change 2022: Mitigation of Climate Change. Working Group III Contribution to the IPCC Sixth Assessment Report. IPCC, 2022.
- An IPCC Special Report: Climate Change and Land. IPCC, 2019.
- An IPCC Special Report: Global Warming of 1.5 ºC. IPCC, 2018.