March 22 2021 | Virtual event
PRESENTATIONS Panel on Technological Innovation in Parliaments
- Integrating Citizen Participation in the Legislative Process through Collective Intelligence. María Paz Hermosilla, Director of the Public Innovation Lab (GobLab), School of Governance, University Adolfo Ibáñez, Chile. (in Spanish)
- Common Cybersecurity Attacks. Diego Subero, Consultant, Cybersecurity Program, Inter-American Committee Against Terrorism (CICTE), Organization of American States (OAS).(in Spanish)
Presentation of the Open Data Hub
- Open Data Innovation Hub. Patricia Almeida (Brazil), Coordinator of Innovation and Digital Strategy of the Chamber of Deputies and Coordinator of the Open Data Center.
Working Group: Artificial Intelligence in Parliaments
- Collective Intelligence and Machine Learning: Improving the Quality of Legislation. Cristian Carrión (Chile), Deputy Head of the Department of Information Technologies, Senate. (in Spanish)
- Artificial Intelligence. Patricia Almeida (Brazil), Coordinator of Innovation and Digital Strategy of the Chamber of Deputies and Coordinator of the Open Data Center.
Working Group: Maximizing resources to modernize parliament, in collaboration with the Commonwealth Parliamentary Association – United Kingdom (CPA-UK)
- Strengthening the Work of the Legislature Using ICT tools: Facilitating the Work of Legislators & Improving Interactions with the Public. Jonathan King (Isle of Man), Deputy Clerk and Clerk of the Legislative Council of the Tynwald.
Working Group: Cybersecurity in parliaments
- Cybersecurity in the Chilean Parliament. Pablo Torrealba (Chile), Information Systems Advisor, Chamber of Deputies.
- Social media guide for parliaments and parliamentarians. Inter-Parliamentarian Union, 2021.
- Social Media: Misinformation and Content Moderation Issues for US Congress. Congressional Research Services, 2021.
- Open Data in Latin American Parliaments. National Democratic Institute – NDI, 2020. (in Spanish)
- Open Parliaments Around the World. Open Parliaments’ Tools in Comparative Perspective. LUISS School of Government, 2019.
- CyberSecurity – Risks, Progress and the Way Forward in Latin America and the Caribbean. OAS-IDB, 2020.
- Open Parliaments: Technological Enactment in State Legislatures. Dr. Tiago Carneiro Peixoto, 2013.