ParlAmericas Welcomes New Board of Directors Members
Elections for seats on ParlAmericas’ Board of Directors took place during the 10th Plenary Assembly in San Jose, Costa Rica, held from August 22 to 24, 2013. Two seats were open in each sub-region (North America, Central America, Caribbean, and South America). The national legislatures elected are: Mexico, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Dominican Republic, The Bahamas, Argentina, and Brazil. One seat remains vacant.
The following parliamentarians were then designated by their respective national legislatures to serve on the Board:
- Marcela Guerra Castillo, Senator (Mexico)
- María Jeannette Ruiz Delgado, Member of the Legislative Assembly (Costa Rica)
- Mirma Figueroa de Coro, Member of the Chamber of Deputies (Guatemala)
- Guadalupe Valdez San Pedro, Member of the Chamber of Deputies (Dominican Republic)
- Cheryl Bazard, Senator (The Bahamas)
- Alicia Marcela Comelli, Member of the Chamber of Deputies (Argentina)
- Humberto Costa, Senator (Brazil).
These new Board members will serve for a term of two years. In addition, Ignacio Urrutia Bonilla, Member of the Chamber of Deputies of Chile, will sit on the Board as the representative of the Host of the 11th Plenary Assembly in 2014.
More information about this election is available in the 10th Plenary Assembly Report.
ParlAmericas looks forward to working with the newly elected representatives to the Board of Directors.