August 17 | Virtual Meeting
Legislative Actions for the Conservation of Marine Biodiversity in the Coastal Waters of the South Pacific
- United Nations convention on the law of the sea. United Nations.
- The Sate of World Fisheries and Aquaculture 2020. Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, 2020.
- Intergovernmental Conference on Marine Biodiversity of Areas Beyond National Jurisdiction. United Nations, 2020.
- The Action Plan for the Protection of the Marine Environment and Coastal Areas of the Southeast Pacific. Permanent Commission of the South Pacific, 1981. (in Spanish)
- Principles for Fisheries Management in Areas Beyond National Jurisdiction—the Essential Role of Incentive-Based Approaches. World Wildlife Fund, 2019.
- Addressing Marine Plastics: A Systemic Approach – Recommendations for Actions. United Nations Environment Programme, 2019.
PRESENTATIONS (in Spanish)
- Challenges and Prospects for Fisheries in Latin America and the Caribbean. Alejandro Flores-Nava, FAO Regional Office for Latin America and the Caribbean
- Legislative actions for the conservation of marine biodiversity in the South Pacific coastal waters. María Amparo Albán, Inter-American Institute of Justice and Sustainability
July 10 | Virtual Meeting
Build Back Better: A Green and Sustainable Economic Recovery
- The Merits of a Clean COVID-19 Recovery. Brian O’Callaghan, University of Oxford.
- Disaster risk management for a better and sustainable reconstruction. Raúl Salazar, UNDRR. (in Spanish)
- Perspectives for the post-COVID-19 reactivation in Latin America and the Caribbean. Leo Heileman, UNEP. (in Spanish)
- The post COVID-19 recovery: How to articulate integrated responses to the health, economic and climate crises in Latin America and the Caribbean. UNEP, 2020.
- Preventing the next pandemic: Zoonotic diseases and how to break the chain of transmission. UNEP, ILRI, and CGIAR, 2020.
- Support program for the post-COVID19 economic recovery aligned with the Paris Agreement. UNEP and EuroClima+, 2020. (In Spanish)
- Will COVID-19 fiscal recovery packages accelerate or retard progress on climate change? Oxford Smith School of Enterprise and the Environment, 2020.
- Brief guide to contribute to the reconstruction and ‘green’ recovery post the COVID-19 crisis in Spain. Oxford Smith School of Enterprise and IIDMA, 2020. (In Spanish)
- Planning for the economic recovery from COVID-19: A sustainability checklist for policymakers. World Bank, 2020.
- A government roadmap for addressing the climate and post COVID-19 economic crises. Climate Action Tracker, 2020.
- Sustainable Recovery. International Energy Agency, 2020.
- Inclusion and social cohesion in the framework of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development: keys to inclusive social development in Latin America. ECLAC, 2020. (In Spanish)
- Virtual Dialogue of the Americas and the Caribbean against the COVID-19 Pandemic: Towards Integrated Management in Disaster Risk Reduction. UNDRR, 2020. (In Spanish)